Starting the year with some replacements for old sprite edits and some long overdue and requested characters.
– Rastan Saga (new separate gallery): Rastan (new scratch-made sprite based on his stance from the first game)
– Ninja Gaiden: Bloody Malth
– Undercover Cops: Rosa Felmondes/Blaze
– Marvel Comics: Iron Man – classic armor in pose from cover #126
– Movies: RoboCop
– Name Graphics: Select/Vs. from Vampire Savior-Darkstalkers 3, also includes the dozens of custom names I made for this site’s image generators (and a few that are still unused) by cutting, pasting, and rearranging the preexisting letters. Most of the extras are horror-themed. It also includes a gradient pattern file to use as a layer or fill when you make your own custom name graphics.
GFX Generators: today’s new sprites have been added to the appropriate generators (mostly the main generator), along with…
– the main generator’s side panel now has more short cuts so you spend a bit less time scrolling. I’ll continue to work on this and add it to the other generators later.
In December 2020, ownership of the Anime Studio/MOHO (the animation program I’ve been using since 2015 to render most of my video clips) changed to Lost Marble, which will be a really good thing from what I’ve read. What isn’t good is how SmithMicro didn’t give any warning about how the software ownership verification on your computer would stop working if you didn’t update immediately… which I only found out after it happened to me because they sent no heads-up e-mail of any kind. That means all my work in AS is either temporarily halted or just completely dead and will have to be redone. So I went back to the lab with other tools.
The 3-D shots were done in Blender with techniques I was experimenting with before I got Anime Studio. The 2-D Hall of Armor shot was made in Magix Vegas, the video editor I usually use to edit, assemble and render full videos, with layers of PNG and GIF files. So I’ll be spending a lot of time in the lab getting these alternate techniques down so I can get the videos going again.
Also, I’m taking a break for a month or two. I’m still very tired, mentally and physically, from how the last half of 2020 went for me offline, so I probably need to get some actual rest. My plans for taking commissions are going to be on indefinite hold, because I think I’m too tired to do those effectively.
Future updates additions to the Toyboss section, like my new Golden Axe Skeletons by Storm Collectables (lucked up and caught the restock on Bluefin) and the Articulated Icons Ninjas (most are 50% off until the end of January!) I finally got after fiending for them for a while. I highly recommend those ninjas, especially because they’re built for martial arts poses and customization.