In the year 2000 AD, the first version of this website was cobbled together with a some brief game reviews, a few tips and some sprites. Now it’s pretty much just a lot of sprites. But how many sprites are really enough? There’s never enough! So here we go with the 19th Anniversary Update!
– Final Fight: Maki (scratch-made FF2 fight stance)
– IREM: Ryno (Ninja Baseball Bat Man)
– Metroid: Ridley (classic)
– NuChallenger: Lisa Santiago (new pose, better style than my 2014 sprite)
– RAK Graphics(new page): Chakan the Forever Man
– Marvel: The Kingpin, Nick Fury (scratch-made “Punisher” Capcom fight stance in three versions)
(added July 20th)
– Denjin Makai: Amazoness, Silf, Valkyrie
Ryno was done for EddieMountainGoat, one of the main people I know who want to see the NBBM team finished! The female acrobats from Denjin Makai were added for SKB, another friend of the site!
By the way: I’ve had a chance to meet Robert A. Kraus, the creator of Chakan, a few times at events in the area this year and I was able to give him a printout of the Chakan sprite (and mini-logo) at the Youngstown Comic-Con a few weeks ago. Not only is he a great indy comic creator, writer and artist, but he’s a toy customizer and just a really cool person to talk to if you find him at a convention. If you’re like me and always wondered what the Chakan comics are like, check out the RAK Graphics site for a look at the Forever Man and more. There’s a mix of horror with sword & sorcery/fantasy and I’m glad I’m finally getting to read it.
Mini-logos: the Kingpin (Marvel gallery), Chakan (RAK Graphics gallery), Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Midway/Williams gallery and DC gallery)
GFX Generators: Various improvements and bug fixes were made to the main engine, including allowing you to change text and font on the Picture Modification screen. I added that part a few days ago, but needed to make a few more fixes to it. Please let me know if you run into any problems with this.
the new sprites, mini-logos and more have been added, along with…
– other updated characters: Mega Man, Cammy, Chun-Li, Sakura, Vega, Apocalypse, Iceman, Rogue
– idle/fight stance added: Adon, Balrog, Blanka, Sagat, Blackheart, Captain America, Colossus, Gambit, Magneto, Juggernaut, Omega Red, Sentinel, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Shuma-Gorath, Storm (Marvel), Thanos
– fighter-sized screenstyles: Marvel Legends updated with X-Men Sauron-series box.
Here’s possibly the biggest part of the site update: Marvel vs. Capcom 1 endings have been added to the Fighter sprite generator!
Choose up to five characters, pick a background (65 so far), sprite layout (mostly based on actual endings) and frame, add your own text.
ScrollBoss Shop: All prints are on sale for the rest of July! 8×10 and 8×11 prints are $4.00 each!
11 x 17/11 x 14 prints $8.00 each! Sale prices are also in effect for the main Illmosis print page, which has more than game or pixel-related prints.
I may add more to the update through the weekend, so don’t be surprised if this post changes. There’s one more thing I’ve got, but I may not have it ready before the day is over, but I’ll add it here once it’s done. It’s about 95%, but I’m waiting on a gift from a guest contributor you should recognize.
Whether you’ve been here before or this is your first visit, thank you for stopping and I hope you enjoy this mess of a site!