18 years ago, I started this site with at the public library with Tripod’s free site builder, screenshots from the PC version of Sega’s Smash Pack (made on a friend’s computer, didn’t even have my own PC yet), and a bunch of tips and tricks I’d scrawled in a notebook. Seemed like it’d be a fun thing to do on the internet. Multiple hosting moves and weird ideas later.
The theme of today’s update is… every theme, including the lack of a theme. Characters from games, a few from comics, some 1989 icons (to rep the Revenge of 1989), an obvious crossover face-off (outside of Crossup Beatdown), a horror villain (before October’s DangerTerrorHorrorThon), an eighties cartoon character (before the usual Toy and Cartoon update near Christmas), a new original character for the site and the return of a character born in the long defunct Minus World section. It’s like a Whitman’s chocolate assortment of this site’s usual habits, so here’s the map that lets you avoid that one weird cream candy that makes you scrunch up in the face.
Custom Sprite additions
– Bomberman: all-new Bomberman action pose
– Final Fight: Cody (Street Fighter V stance)
– Megaman: Bombman
– Shinobi series: Joe Musashi (Revenge of Shinobi title screen)
– Sonic the Hedgehog: Knuckles the Echidna (classic)
– Konami: Cyber Ninja (Metal Gear Solid)
– Toaplan: the Snow Bros. Nick & Tom
– DC Comics: Harley Quinn
– Marvel Comics: Beast and Hawkeye
– Toys and ‘Toons: Cheetara of the Thundercats (1980s)
– Horror: Pamela Voorhees new (and better) sprite
– Illmosis/ScrollBoss: Endless Duck and Maddie Tenay (ScrollBoss mascot from the upcoming movie section)
All new sprites have been added to the main GFX Generator where you can make your own pics and fake screenshots! Other things added to the generators today:
– characters added: KoF Sports team added, Mojo (Marvel)
– characters updated: Mai Shiranui
While I’m at it, all prints on the site are on sale until the end of the month!
all 8 x 10/ 8.5 x 11 on the site are now $4!
11×17 inch prints are $8!
That’s the main part of the update. Some small preview additions to the Vs. Horror pt. 2 pixel print, an unfinished promo video and a thank you message are behind the cut. So, if you don’t read that, I’ll put an extra “Thank you” here to let you know that you’re appreciated!